The Centre for Child Health Technology (CCHT) will be delivered by Sheffield Children’s Hospital in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University.
The CCHT will bring together experts in health, academia and industry to develop cutting edge technologies that will deliver the world’s most advanced healthcare for children.
The CCHT will stimulate technical innovation, attract inward investment and reduce costs to the NHS. Research and innovation will develop technology that could, amongst other benefits;
- prevent deaths in children
- prevent complications that arise from premature birth and childhood disease
- reduce hospital appointments and admissions for children with long term health conditions
- detect mental health issues in children to support early intervention
- support self-care and independence for children with a disability
The CCHT will bring together areas of research and networks including The National TITCH (Technology Innovation Transforming Child Health) Network; The National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) MedTech and In-vitro diagnostic Cooperative (MIC); NIHR Devices4Dignity MedTech Cooperative (NIHR D4D) and NIHR i4i (invention for innovation).