In the spirit of giving and community support, Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park is proud to be supporting the Cash for Kids annual Mission Christmas campaign.
Mission Christmas is an initiative that aims to ensure that no child wakes up without a gift on Christmas morning. Some families were already struggling to make ends meet, and the current cost of living crisis has pushed even more into poverty. For so many people this year Christmas is a luxury they just can’t afford.
To support this worthwhile cause staff, students, and visitors at Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park are being encouraged to donate toys, games, and other gifts suitable for children and young people aged 0 to 18.
New and unwrapped gifts can be donated until Friday 15 December at the following venues across the Park:
* English Institute of Sport Sheffield – Coleridge Road, S9 5DA
* iceSheffield – Coleridge Road, S9 5DA
* Community Stadium – Worksop Road, S9 3TL
* Canon Medical Arena – Worksop Road, S9 3TL
Mission Christmas supports children from birth to 18 years old and is especially in need of gifts for babies and teenagers. Gift ideas include:
* 0-3 years – Sensory toys, books, building blocks, bibs, teething rings
* 3-5 years – Dolls, cars, scooters, learning toys, puzzles
* 5-7 years – Colouring books, crayons, jigsaws, art and craft kits
* 7-9 years – Lego, remote control toys, footballs, science kits, pencil cases
* 9-12 years – Board games, hats, scarves, gloves, fidget toys
* 12-15 years – Hot water bottles, blankets, pyjamas, rucksacks, stationery, hats, scarves, gloves
* 15-18 years – Hairdryers, watches, make-up, headphones, speakers, books
You can also donate cash or gifts online, or sign up for some festive fundraising.
For more information, and to find additional drop-off points, visit www.cashforkids.org.uk/mission
Collectively Cash for Kids raised £20.4 million across the UK in 2022, supporting 489,409 children.